We offer training courses in a range of topics relating to chemical analysis of pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals. MTS training courses are available in two options: Either in a classroom based face to face setting, or as an online option. For classroom based courses we visit your site and deliver the course to you there, or you can come to one of our open enrolment courses at locations in Dublin, London and Berlin. For online courses, these may be delivered by the trainer via the internet in real time as a live event, or as an on-demand option where you work through the content at your own pace.
Training courses from MTS are designed with careful attention to every detail, however small. Our aim is to ensure that the learner has the best possible experience and we do this by designing a course that is informative and fun, is structured around suitable learning objectives, and appeals to a number of different learning styles.
Features of MTS Training Courses:
- We don't just tell people what to do, we make sure that they understand why they are doing it so that they can fully appreciate the context of their actions and thus are engaged in their work.
- The content in all our coursers is fully up to date with the latest science, technological advances, and both guidance and expectations from regulatory authorities. Course content is reviewed and updated as necessary after every delivery.
- The transfer of knowledge from trainer to learners is achieved via lectures. These are designed to be interactive and attendees are encouraged to ask questions at any time. Each session concludes with a summary of the key learning points.
- Examples and case studies are used extensively throughout courses so that the learners can see the training topic in action and gain understanding from relevant applications.
- The lectures are broken up by exercises where the attendees work together in small groups and feedback to the class. Exercises relate to content in lectures and present an opportunity to apply the learning.
All courses are accompanied by high quality, bound books which contain copies of the slides used in the lectures, spaces for notes, and useful resources and references.
The course on method validation and transfer is approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for the purposes of continuing professional development. Although the RSC may not be your professional body, this accreditation provides confidence that the training has been thoroughly evaluated against a set of very high standards for training programmes and complied with all the requirements.
Certificates of Attendance are awarded at the end of our courses. For open enrolment courses we offer an optional post training assessment to validate the training, completed online using the MTS virtual learning environment, e-MTS. Successful completion leads to a Certificate of Training being awarded. For in-house courses, the organiser can choose whether to make the assessment optional or mandatory.
Post training support is available via email for all learners so that questions which occur when the learning is put into practice can be answered by the trainer.
What People Say About Our Courses:
Let us help you with your problems!
We recognise that the details of technical product related problems may involve intellectual property. In the case of open enrolment training, private discussions may be arranged to discuss particular issues. For on-site training, a confidentiality agreement can be arranged to allow open discussion.
Our on-site training courses are ideal when training is required for a group of learners. It also allows the customisation of the content to result in a tailored course to suit your needs. The full list of currently available courses is on our Course List. These may be modified to suit your requirements or brand new material can be developed. Contact us with your on-site training enquiry.
Benefits of On-Site Training Include:
- Customisation of existing MTS off-the-shelf courses to suit the customer needs, or development of completely new content and training materials, as required.
- The examples and case studies can be selected from real scenarios in the company which will help to make the training more meaningful, relevant and immediately applicable.
- Training a group together at the same time is a great way to ensure consistency and enables meaningful discussion and resolution of issues post training.
- Intellectual property considerations which can limit free discussion do not apply. MTS is happy to enter into a confidentiality agreement to enable this.
- Hands-on training involving laboratory equipment and/or software can be incorporated into the training making it easier to apply the learning post training.
- More cost effective than open enrolment training when there is a group of learners.
- No additional expenses associated with travel and accommodation are incurred for the delegates.
Requirements for On-Site Training:
To run an MTS course at your site, all that is needed is a quiet room, of a size suitable for the number of learners being trained, that contains a suitable projector or television. The MTS trainer will bring along a laptop that can connect to these using a VGA or HDMI connection, as applicable.
Access to any appropriate laboratory equipment and/or software may be required, if applicable.
Open enrolment training means that anyone can book on the course and attend. These events are run at external locations, usually conference centres and hotels. Our open enrolment courses are ideal when there is a single delegate or small numbers of delegates who wish to attend the course. The full list of currently available open enrolment courses is available on our Course List page.
Benefits of open enrolment include:
- More cost effective than on-site training for small numbers of delegates.
- Off-site location means that there is a lower chance of distractions from the workplace during training.
- Opportunity to network with attendees from other companies who have similar interests.
- Insight may be gained from the problems and discussions initiated by other attendees.
MTS Training Course Venues
The venues used for our open enrolment courses have been carefully selected to offer comfortable surroundings which are conducive to learning, combined with excellent support from the venue staff to ensure that the training runs smoothly. Delicious food (to suit your dietary requirements) and ample refreshments help to keep attendees energised. All the venues have good transport links, they are accessible by public transport and near to airports. The venues all offer accommodation but there is also a good choice of alternative hotels nearby in all three locations.
There are two options for online training courses from MTS: Either live online training, which is delivered at a fixed time and the trainer delivers the content via the internet in real time, or on-demand online training where the learner accesses pre-recorded training materials at a time that suits them.
We have decided to offer both these options at a 50% discounted price as part of our initiative to assist in making learning opportunities more accessible during this unprecedented global lockdown period.
All online options are delivered using our virtual environment for learning, e-MTS
Live Online Training
We have introduced a live training version of our classroom based courses as a consequence of the disruption caused by the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). Open enrolment courses that were planned for London and Berlin in June 2020 have been rescheduled as live training events.
Currently this only applies to the courses, 'Validation & Transfer of Methods for Biopharmaceutical Analysis', and, 'Validation & Transfer of Methods for Pharmaceutical Analysis', but depending on uptake, we may extend this option to other courses. For more information, refer to the course list page.
As in classroom based training, the learner will receive a printed copy of the course handout so that they have all the necessary information in one convenient place, it also provides an easy method for note-taking if desired.
This option will suit learners who prefer to have a fixed time scheduled for training and can attend for the full number of days required.
On-Demand Online Training
This option will suit learners who prefer a flexible approach to training and want to fit it around their existing commitments.
We offer expert advice on all things to do with the analytical laboratory. You may need:
- Technical scientific advice about an unfamiliar topic;
- Advice regarding the typical expectations of regulatory authorities with respect to a particular topic;
- Troubleshooting advice for a particular problem or issue.
Consultancy may be performed either on site or remotely, whichever is most appropriate. Contact us with your problems.
Examples of MTS Consultancy Projects:
Method Validation & Transfer
Preparation of validation and transfer protocols; contents of general SOPs for method validation and transfer including acceptance criteria; troubleshooting problems related to method validation and transfer; review of method validation data;
Verification of Pharmacopoeia Methods
Requirements for method verification; review of protocols and reports; troubleshooting problems related to method verification.
Out of Specification (OOS) and Atypical Results
Review of OOS investigations to evaluate scientific rigour and regulatory compliance; review of CAPA effectiveness; review of OOS/atypical results SOPs.
Human Error Reduction
Identification of human error issues; evaluation of contributing factors which result in human error; design of training programmes to address human error.
Suitable approaches for developing effective and robust methods; troubleshooting method development problems.
Analysis of Nitrosamines
Review of existing training programmes in terms of content and effectiveness; identification of learning needs (training needs analysis); design, delivery and evaluation of training courses.
Data governance requirements; data integrity gap analysis studies to identify data integrity risk; reducing data integrity risk for specific software and analytical instrumentation; training for data integrity.
Approaches to troubleshooting using a logical problem solving approach; technical issues and problems with HPLC.
What People Say About MTS:
We offer laboratory specific auditing which allows a detailed investigation of both compliance with the relevant regulatory standards, and whether a sound scientific approach to analytical chemistry has been applied. The MTS consultant, Oona McPolin, is an IRCA qualified lead auditor and has extensive experience in auditing laboratories.
The focus of a laboratory audit may vary; common examples include:
- Audit of general laboratory operations, or a specific element, against best practice.
- Audit against required regulatory standards, e.g., EMA, FDA, etc.
- Data integrity audits - laboratory audits will always focus on data integrity but we can perform an intensive data integrity audit on selected elements of your quality system, e.g., electronic and paper based data recording systems, laboratory instruments, etc.
- Supplier audit, e.g., contract laboratory
Contact us with your auditing requirements.